At Transfer Galaxy we have developed a digital platform for cross-border remittance. With the help of technology, we make remittance cheaper, safer and smarter while helping some of the world´s poorest to save on expensive fees when sending money to support their loved ones. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the Nordics. Being a regulated financial entity, as part of our normal business conduct, we prevent, detect, and investigate financial crime. We see preventing financial crime at the core of what we do.
At Transfer Galaxy, we leverage the value of technology in everything we do. Many of the systems and models used are developed in-house, together with outside experts. As we work in a fast-paced environment, we prefer not to rely on outdated systems and excessive paperwork; that is for banks. Scalable technological solutions are what make us move forward.
About the Role
This role entails having the overall responsibility in areas related to fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions. You will be the specially appointed executive (sw. särskilt utsedd befattningshavare) and part of the management team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will be focusing on developing the business in a way so that AML continues to be integrated and at the core of what we do, driving development and always staying on top.
It’s a dynamic role where it is important to combine business logic and the customer experience with perspectives from risk and compliance. In the role, you will be supported by the KYC team (reporting directly to you), the MLRO (independent in nature) and the second-line compliance function teams. We envision this team to grow going forward and you will have the possibility to shape the team. Furthermore, you will work closely with product, tech, and the legal teams. At Transfer Galaxy, we like to work collaboratively, and we have ensured that the organisation understands the value of robust anti-financial crime systems and controls.
The role entails:
- Being responsible for AML-related strategic initiatives and projects aligning with the company’s overall strategy and vision, while working closely with several internal teams
- Being highly involved in the product development of AML-related system and controls to have best-in-class solutions and leverage AML as a competitive advantage that are as frictionless as possible
- Leading the implementation of AML-related laws and regulations, examples include:
- Carrying out Financial Crime EWRA (sw. allmän riskbedömning) and implementing measures to bring down the residual risks
- Improving and updating models used in financial crime (e.g. transaction monitoring model, customer risk assessment model) and validating such models.
- Carrying out due diligence and risk assess corresponding partners
- Reporting quarterly the Board’s Risk and Compliance Committee
- Update policies and procedures related to financial crime, as well as ensuring that such are implemented and followed in the company’s activities
- Represent financial crime oversight both internally and externally to regulators, auditors and partners as required, presenting Transfer Galaxy’s strong AML framework
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in designing and challenging processes and solutions, while understanding how Transfer Galaxy’s goals intersect with compliance
- Exceptional analytical thinking abilities, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on, where you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, getting things done
- A solid understanding of AML/KYC/CTF regulations and risks
- A positive attitude
- Fluency in English and Swedish
Application and Enquiries
We encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. The role will be based on Stockholm office. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Transfer Galaxy is cooperating with Sharp Recruitment & Consultants in this recruitment process. Please contact Linda Sjöhagen on +46 736 41 88 81 or email@example.com for questions regarding Transfer Galaxy and/or the position.