At Transfer Galaxy we have developed a digital platform for cross-border remittance. With the help of technology, we make remittance cheaper, safer, and smarter while helping some of the world´s poorest to save on expensive fees when sending money to support their loved ones. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the Nordics. Being a regulated financial entity, as part of our normal business conduct, we always strive to be fully compliant with all regulatory matters.
At Transfer Galaxy, we leverage the value of technology in everything we do. Most of the systems and models we use, as well as the policies and steering document we adhere to are developed in-house, together with outside experts. As we work in a fast-paced environment, we prefer not to rely on outdated systems and excessive paperwork; that is for banks. Scalable technological solutions are what make us move forward.
About the Role
In the role, you will be working closely together with our financial crime team and the legal team to ensure that we are always compliant. You will also be in close contact with our second-line compliance function, which is currently outsourced to a Swedish law firm (which has held the role for a long time). In a longer perspective, you will have the possibility to overtake the second-line function.
In the role, you will be exposed to a broad scope of topics, including licensing, AML/CTF, IT security and privacy. We are a rapidly growing company with almost 80,000 customers across Europe. We are licensed in Sweden, cross-bordering into other EEA countries. During 2022 we will also apply for a full license in the U.K.
The Role Entails:
- Updating policies, procedures, and other relevant steering documents in relation to compliance, while following up to ensure that these are implemented and adhered to across the organisation
- Analyse and evaluate compliance risks, while providing, supporting, and advising the organisation on day-to-day compliance matters
- Follow, interpret, and implement new local regulations and FSA guidelines in the compliance area
- Perform risk-based compliance controls and follow-up on action plans
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has strong integrity, credibility, and self-motivation
- Has a solutions-oriented mindset with strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently as well with others
- 6+ years of relevant work experience from a consultancy firm and/or as an in-house compliance officer in a financially regulated industry
- Previous experience from working with fintech and/or excitement to working in a fast-paced environment
- High ethical standard
- Fluency in Swedish and English
Application and Enquiries
We encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. The role will be based on Stockholm office. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Transfer Galaxy is cooperating with Sharp Recruitment & Consultants in this recruitment process. Please contact Linda Sjöhagen on +46 736 41 88 81 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding Transfer Galaxy and/or the position.