At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We are building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means that we are opening up new ways of working, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development!
We now have a compelling opportunity within our Tax department for an experienced tax or accounting professional to join us as Associate Director Tax.
About the Role
As Associate Director Tax you will join our well-established and dynamic Tax Team and your tasks will include:
- Responsibility for managing the Swedish direct tax return processes together with a third-party service provider (co-sourcing model), including tax technical judgements as required. Review of tax return workings to ensure that material risks are identified and addressed.
- Responsibility for tax accounting and the quarterly reporting of the Swedish units under IFRS as well as Swedish GAAP, incl. ensuring that the Sarbanes-Oxley processes are complied with.
- Liaising with various tax and accounting departments within Sweden, UK and the US to ensure accurate and timely delivery of information required for the tax computations and tax return work.
- Responsibility for Swedish cash tax management and forecasting.
- Tax audit and tax litigation support including preparation of responses to Tax Authority queries.
- Review of international as well as domestic tax law and regulations for the purpose of providing tax advice and assessing how legislative developments impact the Swedish reporting units.
- Support to Global Business partners and other parts of Global Finance on material tax issues.
- Line manager responsibilities for two team members.
You will report to the Sweden Tax Director and be operationally responsible for all aspects of the Swedish compliance processes concerning direct taxes. This is a multifaceted role which includes leading part of the inhouse team in the quarterly tax reporting processes and managing the Swedish tax return processes together with a third-party service provider.
The position is currently based at our modern manufacturing plant in Södertälje where the Swedish tax team is located but it will in the near future be possible to work most days a week also from AstraZeneca’s new offices in Solna. Although we are an office-based company AstraZeneca does offer some flexibility to ensure good work-life balance.
Who Are We Looking For?
We believe that you are a qualified accountant with experience from working with tax issues or a tax lawyer with a very good understanding of tax accounting. This is a great opportunity to practice your skills in a global leading pharmaceutical company.
- A background as a qualified accountant or tax lawyer (University Law or Economic degree, Chartered Accountant or equivalent) with at least 6 years of relevant financial experience in a corporate or professional environment. You may also hold specific tax or business qualifications (e.g. LL.M, MBA).
- A strong understanding of Swedish GAAP and IFRS tax accounting together with disclosure requirements. SAP experience is a merit.
- The ability to manage and progress numerous actions in a coordinated and organized manner meeting deadlines.
- A proven track record of delivery and execution.
- Experience from successfully leading people, either in a line manager or project manager position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Swedish and English.
- Strong analytical and research skills, and ability to utilize IT efficiently.
As a person you are positive, driven, responsible, structured and have a strong ability to work independently, while also being a team player.
Your key relationships include:
- Global Tax Team in Sweden, UK and the US
- Group Finance Reporting Team and the Global Finance Services Team
- Key functional finance staff across the AZ global organization including R&D, Operations, Global Commercial organization
- Key non-finance business contacts e.g. Legal
Contact and Application
In this recruitment process we are cooperating with Sharp Recruitment. If you have questions about the position or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact:
Tove Flodgren Isakson at 070-241 22 27 or email@example.com
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we conduct interviews continuously. Welcome to apply for this position!